Alfama House in Lisbon
Managed by the owner, not an agency.
Be independent in a modern apartment located in a typical and popular area of Alfama, Lisbon's oldest quarter. Here's what we offer:
- Our trusted driver will wait for you in the airport arrival hall and drive you to the flat. This service costs 30 euro and is not part of the rental price. A normal taxi ride is around 15 euro. Have a relaxed arrival and let us drive you to the flat.
- The 45 square meters apartment is suitable for three people and offers full access to a PC and high speed internet/WiFi free of extra charge.
- The balcony doors open to a narrow and typical street of Alfama with its neighbours' laundry hanging and old women chatting from a window to another.
- We are located at a walking distance from other Lisbon areas such as the Baixa, Chiado and Bairro Alto. The famous tram No 28 and Santa Apolonia train/Metro stations are also a few minutes away.
- In nearby streets are found all amenities needed for self catering, on offer to local residents all year round. Restaurants are plentiful along with fado voices emanating in the evenings.
The apartment is located on the second floor (or third for North-Americans) of a building dating from the 1930s, and renovated in 2016. It is accessed through a narrow pedestrian lane. It is located on Rua da Regueira, in the middle of Alfama. Along with Rua Sao Miguel, the street is one of the main arteries crossing Alfama from the Tagus up to the St-George Castle. Most of Alfama survived the major earthquake of 1755 thus its narrow streets and old quarter escaping the subsequent modern rebuilding. It is a popular location where local residents still have access to common shower areas and shared laundry facilities found nearby. It is the "village" within the city with a very strong old Europe feeling.
In the main hall you will find a computer (PC) hooked on high speed internet and WiFi for your usage, free of extra charge.
In the Bedroom you will find double glazing windows, a standard double bed, a complete set of linen, duvet and blankets, two clothes storage spaces and a portable ventilator/fan, and a safe.
The amenities of the Living Room include Cable TV with 135 channels in various languages, a CD player/radio and various books on Lisbon and Portugal as well as tourist guides. A sofa-bed allows a extra guest to sleep comfortably.
The Kitchen has a four ring stove, all utensils needed for self catering, a washing machine, refrigerator-freezer orange juice presser, toaster, coffee machine, kettle, an iron and a board. You can dry your clothes on the line from the balcony, just like your neighbours!
The WC/Shower room has a supply of towels and soap as well as a hair dryer. For cooler periods, electric radiators are available.
Please note that starting from 1 January 2016 a new city tourist tax of 1 euro per person per night is not included in the total price mentioned by this website and should be paid on check-in day. This tax applies to guests of 13 years and older and is limited to a maximum amount of 7 euro per guest. Please contact us if you have doubts. All legally declared rentals in Lisbon are subjected to this tax. This flat is licensed from the relevant authorities with registration 13486 AL.